HEAD VARIUS SKI HELMET
The VARIUS guarantees maximum protection and a perfect helmet climate. The adjustable venting draws moisture and heat away from the head using the Venturi Effect, creating the perfect, fog-free climate for both helmet and goggles, while a Microfleece lining delivers supreme comfort.
- Head 3D Fit allows an exact horizontal as well as vertical adjustment of the helmet to the shape of your head.
- The Venturi Effect creates the ideal inner helmet climate. It does so when air passing over the helmet draws out heat and moisture for the inner shell.
- The opening of the ventilation ducts on the top of the helmet may be adjusted continuously by means of a slide control.
- The soft Microfleece material of the Beanie Liner adapts perfectly to the head and thus avoids any bruises and the unpleasant entering of cold air. Molded-in mesh zones let heat and moisture escape to the outside and, together with the ventilation system, ensure a pleasant head climate.
- The soft Microfleece material has several functions: it feels good, draws moisture from the skin and transports it away from the head.
- An Active Bottom Edge in HEAD helmets reduces goggle fogging by delivering active airflow. It does this by allowing air to be drawn from the goggles through the helmet.
- The Neckgator provides comfort and warmth to the helmet wearer. It adds comfort, fit and excludes the elements.
- These ear pads and neckgators can be removed to suit the variable weather conditions and for cleaning.
Short Ski Shop's Opinion
A cracking helmet but we think it fits a touch smaller than suggested, which is not uncommon in ski helmets. I think the M/L is better for a size 55-58 cm head and the XL/XXL is better for a 59-61.5 cm head, in our opinion based on years of experience.
WE Sell 100'S OF HELMETS every year and we try them all on to get the "real lowdown" on sizing as sometimes sizing by the factories are a little misleading. We reckon this helmet is a well sized and has an adjuster on the back to aid better fitting
How to get the correct size: Measure your head across the widest part, usually just above the eyebrows, all the way round the back, use a soft tape measure, popping a little finger under the tape. Pull tight and read off the numbers, voila.